Friday, September 6, 2013

Another week done! 5 for Friday and Freebie Friday!!

fiveforfriday2_thumb3

A pinterest tested five for Friday!


1. Crayon organizer

Crayon organizer.  The original was a spray painted cake pan.  I used a microwave cover from Dollar Tree.  I have a lot of baby food jars.  It takes time.  You have to be able to tolerate the clanking of jars.  It does save time since the students spend less time searching for a particular color.

2.  

Sharpie Paint Pens instead of name tags.  LOVE IT!!!!  I do not have to keep replacing tape or tags.  When I want to remove a name, I go over it with a black dry erase marker.  Then I wipe it off.  We have four blocks a day and name tags were a challenge last year.  Now I can have four names written on each desk in their four colors.  I also used it to put names on their bookbag hooks!

3.  
Zip tied bus tags.  I made ours from neon index cards.  I wrote the bus number in large black sharpie and laminated the cards.  Most of the tags are still on the book bags.  When I see a bright tag in my car line, I know to look for a note or take them to the bus line.  It took time to create them, but it is worth the peace of mind!!

4.
Mine did not turn out this nice.  It was difficult and by the end of it, I was ready to scream!!  My rusty file cabinet does look better.  I am not sure I would attempt it again.

5.
Duck tape.  Because of high humidity in my classroom, the duck tape did not stick.  The green was especially difficult to deal with.  I did take clear contact paper and go back over it.  It is sticking now and it looks better than the plain gray laminate.  Again it took time.  I was tired by the end of it.

I hope that I gave you some insight into a few DIY projects.  Now for a freebie!!

Picture of Free Teacher Downloads at Teaching Blog Addict


I accidently left one in the teachers' lounge after copying it.  I know it was "borrowed" by a at least one teacher in my school.  I hope you enjoy it!

Crystal

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for linking up this week at Teaching Blog Addict and offering our follower such a terrific freebie! I am your newest follower!
    ~Fern
    Fern Smith's Classroom Ideas!
    Fern Smith's Pinterest Boards!


    ReplyDelete