Saturday, June 8, 2013

5 for Fraturday!

Okay, I am late!  I have been so tired  the last couple of days.  Thanks to my wonderful husband, I was able to get a nap last night.  The problem is that the nap turned into a 12 hour sleep.  I guess I was a little tired!

fiveforfriday


1.  Last day with the kids!!!!

They got a fun day.  They watched movies, did some skits in character ed, and went to the computer lab.  Thank goodness it was a early release day!

2.  Teacher gifts
Guess what my middle son's teachers got as a gift this year!

Cool Blue

http://www.classroomfriendlysupplies.com/

Nice new blue pencil sharpeners!  They were thrilled and complained about the ones the school provides.  Some of the other teachers also caught a glimpse of them so I was able to spread the word about these wonderful sharpeners!!

3.  I am the mother of a high school freshman!
My oldest son was promoted from 8th grade!  I cried for him.  I also got to see some of my 2nd graders and 5th graders in the ceremony.  I was so proud of all of them.  I was amazed at how much they had grown up.  3 years ago they were just entering adolescence and now they were young men and women. A few of them I didn't even recognize.  I only knew them by name!

4.  Awards

Unfortunately  I was not able to attend my 1st grader's awards day.  There was a schedule glitch so I was at my son's promotion ceremony during my 1st grader's awards.  We were even late to my middle son's awards, but we made it!  I love my 1st graders, but I have to put my family first.

5.  Cleanup and organization continues!

I am about done with my room.  I will show my before pictures on Monday because my room will be painted over the summer!!!!  This is a good thing!  I inherited a mess in my room this year.  When my room was made a kindergarten room a few years ago, they created a bathroom.  The teacher in the room at that time used tape and glue on a wall of sheetrock.  When I walked in last summer 8 months pregnant and little time to get the room ready, my jaw dropped!  My oldest son and I managed to cover the wall with bulletin board paper.  That wall become my celebration of reflex.  I want to do something similar next year just without the bulletin board paper and definitely no tape!!


Check out this giveaway that has only a few hours left!!


http://primaryinspired.blogspot.com/2013/06/1000-followers-lets-celebrate.html

2 work days to go!

Crystal

2 comments:

  1. I am seriously jealous of your pencil sharpener! Your blog is so great and I am happy to be your newest follower! Thank you for donating to my giveaway. I would love to return the favor!

    Tina
    Crofts' Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those pencil sharpeners. I have two of my own! Thank you for following!

      Delete