Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Rockin the Standards (Upper grades may be interested too!)

I am a little late this evening because of a little bit of bloggers block.  While I was cleaning up after dinner, I was singing a song.  It was an "earworm" (a piece of music that sticks in one's mind so that one seems to hear it, even when it is not being played).    I realized that I was singing the Rockin' the Standards song I played during centers today.  I had bought the album when I taught 5th grade math, but many of the concepts can be used in 1st or at least the vocabulary can be sung to them. 





What is also great about it is that the music is catchy.  There are some familiar tunes with new words, but there are also original songs.












The songs on the album are Parallel  or Perpendicular,The Quadrilateral  Dance, 9s song, The Place Value Rap, 7s song, Mean Mode Median, 6s song, The Angles Song, 3s song, Triangle Song, 4s song, Perimeter Area Song, 8s song, and Measurement Song

Check out their website and listen to the samples!
http://www.rockinthestandards.com

16 days and one field trip to go!


Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment