Let's see what I can do while blowing my nose, I am sick. It is about the worst time for it. I have to keep up with 100 first graders that do not want to be at school! I am looking forward to summer. I need to regroup and rethink a lot of things. Last year at this time I was in 5th grade and pregnant. Last summer I had no time to really delve into the 1st grade math curriculum. It didn't help that we didn't get any materials until August. So here is my summer bucket list!
1. Rest! My little one is still not sleeping through the night. We are going to work on that too! I intend to use every opportunity to take a little time for me and nap when I get the chance. My littlest one thinks the day should start at 6:30. He does not have a concept of sleeping in on the weekend!
2. My house is a wreck! Between three boys (four if you include the hubby), a full time job, the blogging and TPT/TN; I have no time or energy to clean. I intend to catch up and get ahead this summer!
3. The teacher thing. We really do not get a summer vacation. I cannot ignore what I need to do to prepare for next year. I need to correlate the math program with my centers. I need to catch up on printing and laminating the centers. I need to organize what I want to copy and decide what my homework will look like this year. There are also some PD books I would love to look into.
4. My boys. I am going to do what I can to make this an enjoyable summer for my boys without them spending all their time sitting around the house!
Sonic = Happy Hour!, the park, the children's museum. I wish I had more time!
5. Vacation! We are going to Ohio during the summer this year. We will be visiting all our favorite places!
We are also adding this to our visit this year! The great serpent mound!
That is a lot to cram into what I think will be 6 weeks (no, we do not know when we are leaving school for the summer and when we will be getting back!)
Down to the single digits (with the kids at least)!